Since some bad egged African resorted to use PayPal for fraudulent activity, PayPal has dimed it necessary to place a bank on most African countries from using the system.
This is served as a major problem for young tech entrepreneur in recent times as there is no means for them to accept payment in USD with ease. That is what actually brought about payoneer.
Payoneer is a system similar to PayPal that allows individual to receive payment in USD, EUR and POUNDS from around the world and then withdraw it in naira to their local bank account.
Oh yes, they will actually convert your money to naira so that there will be no need for you opening a domiciliary account which can be quite demanding.
A lot of foreign companies like click bank and commison junction who require to deal with African always integrate payoneer as a mode of payment.
All you need to do is to fill in your payoneer accout details and you would get paid.
So today I am going to be showing you how to open your payoneer account in Nigeria for free.
Before we get started please make sure you have the following things in place.
- A valid email address. Please if you don’t own an email address you can easier open one.
- A valid (not expired) drivers license, voters card or national ID card.
- Just in case you would want a payoneer debit card, you would need your postal address details.
Now lets move to the steps involved in creating your account.
- Simply go to www.payoneer.com and click on the sign up button.
- Fill in your full name and address as it appears on your identity card.
- Set your password, please make sure that your password is strong enough and it something you can remember, you would be required to provide a password with a mixture of capital letters, small letters, symbols amd numbers. This is to ensure your password is strong enough.
- You would also be required to choose a secret question and provide an answer to it.
- You are then prompted to choose an identification method and upload the require details
- Finally, in order for you to receive you money you would be required to provide your bank account details if required. You can google the SWIFT/BIC for your bank. GTBank SWIFT/BIC is GTBINGLA.
Congrats, you have just opened a payoneer account, to conclude the process you would be required to verify your email address so all you have to do is go to your email inbox and click on the verification link.
Advantages of receiving payment with payoneer.
Apart from payoneer serving as one of the most reliable ways of receiving payment from abroad it also comes with a ton of benefits which I will be highlighting below
- There is no cost for opening a payoneer account.
- With payoneer, you can receive payment in the three major world currencies which are USD, EUR and POUNDS.
- You do not need a domiciliary account to own a payoneer account.
- Payoneer possess the ability to convert your money to naira and then pay into your local bank account.
- You can also apply for a payoneer debit card which enables you to withdraw directly from your payoneer account on any automated teller machine (ATM) or POS.
- You do not need a VPN or custom IP address to use payoneer as it fully supports Nigeria and over 30 African countries.
- Immediately you receive up to $1000 on your payoneer account, you automatically get a bonus of $25. It may look small but you actually did nothing.
- Payoneer is used in over 150 countries worldwide making it reliable and trustworthy.
- Major online companies like Fiverr, clickbank and jzvoo all accept the payoneer payment method.
- Also like paul, if you sell ebooks on Amazon Kindle, you can also receive payment effortlessly using Payoneer.
With this being said, I hope I have being able to answer all your questions. You may also want to check out opay with allows you receive local payments without incurring any charges.