3 Easy Steps You Can Change Your Smartphone IMEI Number
Got an Android Phone you want to change its IMEI number, then let’s get started with this tutorial. how to change IMEI number in Android.
Why do you want to change its IMEL Number?
The reason for this tutorial is for educational purposes and not for any negative purpose or to commit any cyber crimes.
There are three ways to change your Android Smartphone in this article.
You can change your Samsung Smartphone IMEI number, Infinix, Tecno and many more of Android Smartphone IMEI with this tutorial.
You might need to root your Phone or Without Rooting your Android Phone if you choose any method to use.
Before we proceed, get a valid Blackberry IMEI Number or any IMEI Number of your choice you would like to change your smartphone IMEI too. It must be a valid smartphone IMEI.
Also, you must insert at least one SIM on your Android Phone.
Don’t turn on the Airplane or Flight Mode on your smartphone.
This step is very easy and the most common way to change an Android phone IMEI.
It’s by using an app called MTK Engineering.
This app will allow you to access the MTK Engineering Mode of your Android smartphone and make some changes.
Note: you must be careful when using the app because any bad changes done to your smartphone might crash your phone.
- Search for the MTK Engineering app and download it. Click here too download
- Install and open the app.
- Tap on MTK Settings.
- Swipe from the right side of your screen to the left to switch to the connectivity page.
Or Tap on Connectivity at the right upper side of the app.
- Tap on CDS Information
- Now you click on Radio Information.
- If you insert only one SIM, then just follow the below step for phone 1 and leave the step for setting phone 2.
Now tap on Phone 1
- Now tap on the box this appeared on “AT+”
- Clean the “+” sign and rewrite & something like this will appear.
Then tap on the first options
- Clean one of this “and write your new IMEI (write the IMEI 1)
- After that, you add ” this to it again.
- Add space between this. And tap on “SEND AT COMMAND”
- something like this will appear to confirm it has been done.
- At this screen only if you insert 2 SIM you will proceed to phone 2, but if you don’t, you just have to reboot your smartphone.
- Tap on phone 2 and do the above procedure until this appeared
Now, tap on the second option and do the rest of the above procedures.
- After that, reboot your Android phone and open the dial pad
Dial *#06# to confirm if your smartphone IMEI Number had changed.
2nd step: Change Imei number in Android
In this method, there is two Android App you can choose to install.
Before you can use any of these two apps, your Android Phone Must be rooted.
When using Chamelephon App you may be prompted to authorize some permission.
Just authorize and follow the easy steps How to change IMEI Number in android 📱.
And Mobile Uncle just needs to be installed on your Android Smartphone and launch it.
Then follow the steps just like the 1st Method tutorial.
3rd step: after this step your imei will be changed
in this step, you can change IMEI Number in android using USSD code
No Android App is required to use the USSD Code method
All you have to do is this;
Just dial any of this *#*#3646633#*#* or *#7465625#
After writing any of the above USSD code the MTK Engineering Mode will load
And now, you will follow the 1st method to complete the actions.
Changing IMEI Number in andriod can help speed up your Browsing.
I have tested this on an Android and it works accurately.
Remember, when you format or restore your Android Phone the IMEI return to its original IMEI Number.
If you found anything missing or to be corrected on this article, please kindly comment on it below.
Related article HOW TO FORMAT A COMPUTER AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10