DOES WINDOWS 7 STILL WORK?
With the advancement in technology which is growing very some, some people always ask DOES WINDOWS 7 STILL WORK , some other services will become downgraded and not able to cope with new networking, which will necessitate the need to upgrade so you don’t get left behind in the next level generation.
One other recent questions in the minds of PC users is the working state of the once adored windows 7
Windows 7 is a computer operating system model that was manufactured in the year 2009 July 22: and became available for purchase and use on October 22, 2009, but support for Windows 7 ended in January 2016 by Microsoft. It had succeeded a 10-year life cycle after the support by Microsoft was extended till January 14, 2020.
The windows 7 is said to still be by far, the most popular and widely used operating system in the world.
FEATURES AND FACTS OF WINDOWS 7.
* Windows 7 is the successor to windows vista.
* It has been said to have helped Microsoft beat Apple.
* Windows 7 was succeeded by Windows 8.
– Advancement in touch and writing recognition.
– Windows power shell.
– Improved globalization support.
– Supports system using multi-Adapter.
– Improved media features, supports images in RAW image format.
– Redesigned calculator, multiline ability (programming and statistics).
– Ability to transfer files to and from a TFTP server.
– Ability to identify a solid-state drive uniquely.
– Supports mounting if virtual Hard disk (VHD) as a normal data storage.
– Additional sound schemes.
– Improved back-up and restoration.
– Allows multiple windows environment.
– Improved performance in multicore processors (booting and direct access).
Before the release of Windows 7, its predecessor Windows vista was being criticized for its performance issues long development time, changes affecting the compact ability of certaistoppedmes applications and spotty compact b fewer with existing hardware and software on launch. In 2007, following the release of windows vista, it was reported that the next PC version would be more “user-centric”.
Bill Gates founder of Microsoft also said they would focus on performance improvements. An estimate of 1,000 developers worked on windows 7 and these were divided into ” core operating system “and “Windows client experience “. A performance test was run by ZDNet on windows 7 and was recorded that windows 7 beta beat both window XP and vista in several key areas like:
* boot and shut downtime.
* working with files.
* loading of documents.
Although other areas did not beat windows XP.
In July, pre-orders of Windows 7 at Amazon surpassed the demand if Windows vista in its first 17 weeks, making windows 7 the highest pre-order in the history of Amazon, surpassing the previous sakes record holder, the 7th book of Harry Potter.
The question, IF IT STILL FUNCTION?
For those still using Windows 7, the deadline for an upgrade has passed. It is now an unsupported operating system because:-
1. Your PC will become very vulnerable to security threats.
2. Opens opportunities for hackers.
3. You will no longer receive software updates.
4. Your device is prone to contracting viruses and bugs.
5. It compromises your device due to compliance standards.
On recent development, there have been some shortcomings noted on Windows 10 that windows 7 covers. Customers can, therefore, pay for an extended security update, offered by Microsoft for those who missed the deadlines.
This doesn’t mean that Windows 7 will or has stopped working, but there will be patches, fewer security updates, and technical support, also measures have to be put in place for better management.